Kick-off Meeting of the Expert Group 1 on SDGs and Education
During the Intermediate Senior Officials’ Meeting (ISOM) 2022, the structure of the Work Plan 2022-2026 was presented by the Italian ASEM Education Secretariat and three new Expert Groups were established. After a fruitful discussion, all attendees confirmed the already existing Expert Group on Digitalisation and unanimously approved the three new titles, hence the focus of them:
- Expert Group 1 on SDGs and Education
- Expert Group 2 on Recognition and Balanced Mobility
- Expert Group 3 on Lifelong Learning including TVET
Over the two following months, the Secretariat has collected the ASEM countries and stakeholders’ expressions of interest in joining one or more of the Expert Groups.
Regarding Expert Group 1 on SDGs and Education, the kick-off meeting was held online on 20 February 2023.
Download the minutes.
Download the agenda.
The meeting was organised and chaired by the ASEM Education Secretariat, and many experts on SDGs and Education from ASEM countries and stakeholders participated.
Welcome by Mr. Luca Lantero, Head of the ASEM Education Secretariat
- Welcome by Ms. Vera Lucke, on behalf of Mr. Luca Lantero
Tour de Table
All participants introduced themselves. Participants were from ASEF, Austria, Brunei, Erasmus Student Network (ESN), European Students’ Union (ESU), European University Association (EUA), Indonesia, Korea, Lao PDR, Malta, Netherlands, Romania, SEAMEO RIHED, Thailand.
Discussion on Terms of Reference for Expert Group 1 on SDGs and Education and appointment of chairs
- Ms. Vera Lucke presented the first draft of the Terms of Reference
Planning of the next EG1 meeting
The next meeting will be on 28 March 2023. It will be held online and chaired by the appointed Chair of the EG1, Ms. Gabriella Mallia, Communication Manager, Malta Further & Higher Education Authority.
Any other business
|09:00 - 11:00
- Welcome by Mr. Luca Lantero, Head of the ASEM Education Secretariat
- Tour de Table
- Discussion on Terms of Reference for Expert Group 1 on SDGs and Education and appointment of chairs
Planning of next EG1 meeting
Any other business