The call for applications for ASEM-DUO Korea mobility grants for the academic year 2022-2023 is now open. Applications will be accepted from 5 April to 19 May 2022 (local Korean time). Applications submitted after 19 May 2021 will not be accepted.
The ASEM-DUO Korea Fellowship Programme was established in 2001 with the aim of promoting exchanges of people between Korea and 30 European countries on a balanced and permanent basis. In this respect, DUO-Korea requires that a pair (two persons) of students be exchanged in an academic cooperative arrangement.
Eligibility criteria for applicants
Applicants must be currently enrolled in a Korean or European university. Participating European countries include: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Korean and European students who have already started the exchange before the application period for DUO Korea 2022 are not eligible.
Eligibility criteria for participating institutions
Due to the unique nature of this mobility programme, the exchange project should fulfil the following requirements:
- An educational institution in Korea (home institution) and an educational institution in Europe (host institution) have established an academic cooperative agreement;
- The Korean home institution has selected a Korean national student enrolled at the home institution to send to the European host institution and such selection has been accepted by the European host institution;
- The same European host institution has selected an EU citizen student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Korean home institution and such selection has been accepted by the same Korean home institution
Duration and Funding
DUO Korea 2022 applies exclusively to exchange projects starting from August 2022 and ending before August 2023. The DUO Korea 2022 selection is made only once a year. In this respect, those who are planning an exchange during the Spring Semester 2022 (January-July 2023) shall apply for DUO Korea 2022. The duration and amount of the fellowships are standardised as follows:
- Grant: 8,000 Euro per pair or 4,000 Euro per student.
- Maximum duration of the exchange: 1 semester (i.e. 4 months,120 days).
Additional information can be found on the ASEM-DUO Fellowship Programme website.