The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) announces a Call for Papers for the conference “Virtual Exchange – borderless mobility between the European Higher Education Area and regions beyond” in Berlin, Germany, on 11th December 2019.
“Virtual exchange” constitutes an important element in the current Higher Education internationalisation discourse. In the conference context, virtual exchange is highlighted in its role as facilitator for academic cooperation, especially by enhancing, supporting or completing physical mobility and as a component of internationalisation at home approaches. With a special focus on the relations between the European Higher Education Area and other regions worldwide, the organiser will address the potential of collaborative online learning scenarios and present good interaction practises. This implies raising questions about restructuring student journeys, the effectiveness of virtual learning experiences, or the need for and use of common standards and guidelines such as quality assurance etc.
Therefore, the DAAD invites to submit proposals pertaining the following topics:
- Boosting exchange: digital formats as a mean to enhance international cooperation between EHEA and other regions
- Curriculum development: how to embed (sustainable) virtual exchange formats in study programs in order to create networked, cross-campus study programs and assure its quality?
- Administration and management: which governance and IT infrastructures (such as federated campus management systems etc.) of Higher Education Institutions to develop with special regard to virtual exchange?
- Building up expertise and capacities: what (new) skill and competence challenges arise for higher education students, teachers and staff?
Higher Education practitioners and researchers of all academic fields are encouraged to send their abstracts and CVs via the online tool no later than 30th August 2019, 5 PM CET.
- CALL_FOR_PAPERS_VIRTUAL_EXCHANGE_2019.PDF (292 Downloads)