The ASEF Young Leaders Summit (ASEFYLS) is the official youth event of ASEM Summits. In support of the 13th ASEM Summit (ASEM13) hosted by the Government of the Royal Kingdom of Cambodia in June 2021, ASEF and its local & international partners have prepared a hybrid project with collaborative programme elements taking place virtually, in Cambodia as well as across ASEM countries.
The 4th ASEF Young Leaders Summit focuses on ‘Sustainable Development in a post-COVID-19 World’ with a particular emphasis on SDG3: Good Health & Wellbeing, SDG4 – Quality Education, SDG8 – Decent Work & Economic Growth, and SDG13 – Climate Action. The ASEFYLS4 is a 10-month long leadership programme for young people (18-30 years) that includes three phases:
- Knowledge Building: 22 Feb – 28 May 2021, Virtual
- Youth Summit at the 13th ASEM Summit: 29 May – 2 Jun 2021, On-site in Cambodia/Virtual
- Leadership in Action: Jun – Nov 2021, Virtual & On-site in local ASEM communities
The Open Call for Applications for students & young professionals has just been launched. We would highly appreciate it if you could circulate the Open Call among your relevant networks. The deadline for application is on Wednesday, 3 February 2021. This is the application link:
Please find below all the relevant documents that ASEF has published:
- the Overview
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- the Programme (Knowledge Building Phase only) as well as the Leadership in Action projects, which are initiated and driven by ASEF’s alumni network.
Should there be an opportunity to publish the Open Call on your institutional website and/or social media channels, you could use content from this Social Media Kit for promotion.
For more information, please contact Freya Chow-Paul from the ASEF Education team at [email protected]