The call for applications for ASEM-DUO Korea mobility grants for the academic year 2020-2021 is now open. Applications will be accepted from 6 April to 20 May 2020 (local Korean time). Applications sent or posted after 20 May 2020 will not be accepted.
The ASEM-DUO Korea Fellowship Programme was established in 2001 with the aim of promoting exchanges of people between Korea and 30 European countries on a balanced and permanent basis. In this respect, DUO-Korea requires that a pair (two persons) of students be exchanged in an academic cooperative arrangement.
Eligibility criteria for applicants
The applicants must be currently enrolled in a Korean or European university. Participating European countries include: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom.
Korean and European students who have already started the exchange before the application period for DUO Korea 2020 are not eligible.
Eligibility criteria for participating institutions
Due to the unique nature of this mobility programme, the exchange project should fulfil the following requirements:
- An educational institution in Korea (home institution) and an educational institution in Europe (host institution) have established an academic cooperative agreement;
- The Korean home institution has selected a Korean national student enrolled at the home institution to send to the European host institution and such selection has been accepted by the European host institution;
- The same European host institution has selected an EU citizen student enrolled at the host institution to send to the Korean home institution and such selection has been accepted by the same Korean home institution;
Funding and duration
DUO Korea 2020 applies exclusively to exchange projects starting from August 2020 and ending before September 2021. The DUO Korea 2020 selection is made only once a year. In this respect, those who are planning an exchange during the Spring Semester 2021 (January-August 2021) shall apply for DUO Korea 2020. The duration and amount of the fellowships are standardized as follows:
- Grant: 8,000 Euro per pair or 4,000 Euro per student.
- Maximum duration of the exchange: 1 semester (i.e. 4 months,120 days).
Additional information can be found on the ASEM-DUO Fellowship Programme website.
- DUO-Korea 2020 General Description
- DUO-Korea 2020 Application Form
- DUO-Korea 2020 Implementation Guidelines