Description of the initiative
The goal is to exchange the best practices on TVET policies in ASEM countries through dialogue, specifically focusing on presenting examples of involvement of industry in TVET planning, education and training process, skills development and international cooperation.
Aims and objectives
- To exchange practices between seminar participants from Europe and Asia on topical matters related to TVET developments in policy planning and methodology areas
ASEM Partners and stakeholders involved
Initiative: Latvia. Open to all representatives from all ASEM countries representing ministries, agencies, or stakeholder organizations.
First meeting was organised by Lativa and attended by Austria, Brunei Darussalam, Belgium (Flemish Community), France, Germany, Indonesia, the Netherlands, the Philippines and the Russian Federation
Progress and Achievements
- First ASEM Seminar on TVET: Riga, Latvia, 24-25 April 2018
- Participants agreed that:
- AEP can foster mutual learning and exchange regarding TVET in order to strengthen TVET systems both in Europe and Asia;
- exchange and collaboration should be achieved both at policy level and by sharing experiences from practice.
Aims of the first seminar achieved. Initiative ongoing.
Plans and expected outcomes
ASEMME7: Chair’s Conclusion 42
During ASEMME7, The Russion Federation took the initative to organise a follow-up seminar